V5-6000 V5-6000 & RAMPAGE Team
¿Leyenda?, ¿Mito?, ¿Ficción?, No... ¡Realidad!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW 3Dfx ENGLISH FORUM - CLICK HERE

V5-6000 WORLDWIDE SITE
UPDATED 09-12-2011 / ADDED 2 V5-6000s Cards

[FIXED 3700 A Ebay] - Reemplacement HiNT Chip - Germany

Post new topic   Reply to topic    V5-6000 & RAMPAGE Team Forum Index -> Voodoo5 6000 Reworks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osckhar
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 1:35 pm    Post subject: [FIXED 3700 A Ebay] - Reemplacement HiNT Chip - Germany Reply with quote

Hello,

Günther from Germany contacted me via eBay - where I offer to fix V5-6000 - and he sent me his V5-6000 3700 A. He explained me his card dead 10 years ago and he tried to fix it with not luck.

Here the Queen- it looks so nice.

Later some fast test I saw Chip HiNT was not very well placed and many balls had not contact with BGA pads.

Here with ZOOM camera checking Chip HiNT zone.

Curious about this is Chip HiNT is detected via pci.exe (register) but for some reason in the BGA process some balls did not melt onto the pad when used original HiNT chip bridge- my guess is possibly in first rework is used PLX Bridge Chip with leaded free balls.

Once taken out the chip HiNT I saw pads had a film, as if card had onto the pad welding with leaded free doing a film not allowing the union between pad and bga balls. I do not recomend it, please always use original Hint Chip with leaded balls.

I had to clean PAD by PAD and welding each pad with lead tin until all pads looks as below picture. I had many problems for taking out the film and can 'painting' with leaded tin onto the pads.

Reworking BGA process ended with perfect positioning

V5-6000 waking up later 10 years- amazing feeling.

8xFSAA TEST

An amazing V5-6000, very rare, since it does not need Hank's Rework for perfect function working with FSAA enabled - a jewel.

Regards,
Oscar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    V5-6000 & RAMPAGE Team Forum Index -> Voodoo5 6000 Reworks All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: