V5-6000 V5-6000 & RAMPAGE Team
¿Leyenda?, ¿Mito?, ¿Ficción?, No... ¡Realidad!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NEW 3Dfx ENGLISH FORUM - CLICK HERE

V5-6000 WORLDWIDE SITE
UPDATED 09-12-2011 / ADDED 2 V5-6000s Cards

RAMPAGE #B009 - FIXED

Post new topic   Reply to topic    V5-6000 & RAMPAGE Team Forum Index -> Specter 1000 AGP - Rework Zone
View previous topic :: View next topic  
osckhar
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: RAMPAGE #B009 - FIXED Reply with quote

RAMPAGE #B009

MY BABY

[29/04/2013]
The first time I tested the card I got such vertical rows. It was all the time present. I thought it was a bad chip test socket contact.

[02/05/2013]
Later check the card I found a pair of broken ceramic condensator. I was very happy since I thought rows problem are present for such reason.

Once reemplaced botch condensator for new ones problem was still present.

VGA MODE 13h SW

In Win98SE

Someone recommend me to try with other motherboards since seems row line problems could come from there. I spent some month trying different motheboard with not luck.

[01/08/2013]

Later some hard work checking my Rampy finally I found the problem about rows. With VGA13h SW help I found where the problem comes. I was to able to find what memory had problems. It was located on Resistor pack on the back of the card. I had unsolder / resolder it and rows vanished.

The main problem was related some bank of memory was not set right since the resistor pack was not totally soldered for some pins. I had to use an ultra high precision microscope to find it. I checked resistor pack by resitor pack until I found the problem on RN133. With a simple microscope I was not to able to find it.

RN133 UNSOLDER

RN133 SOLDERED AGAIN

What nice surprise when I booted up the pc and row errors vanished but happinees ended very fast since rows vanished but once in windows and Rampage driver loaded problems came in again. Card only worked ok when HW ACCELERATION NOTCH was OFF. If it was enabled locked up and NOT 3D function was possible.

VERY SAD AGAIN.

[02/09/2013]

I detected new errors. In the windows booting process there were some square erros present.

SQAURE ERROR PRESENT

Though card under VGA 13/12h SW MODE is perfect, not errors, seems the problem comes when framebuffer is working. The problem using 13h-mode is it uses non-flat memory model with a lot of reserved and internally used ranges of VRAM for such reason there are not errors present.

[26/10/2013]
Finally problem was fixed later a lot of hours of study of the card. I had to isolate what memory cluster was giving problem and once done I reemplaced QTSOP memory and square vanished and 3D functions were perfect!!!!

ISOLATING MEMORY FOR FINDING PROBLEM

Unsoldering QTSOP

RAMPAGE #B009 PERFECT FUNCTION

A very long process but at the end my Rampage got perfect 3D function.

Best regards,
Oscar.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    V5-6000 & RAMPAGE Team Forum Index -> Specter 1000 AGP - Rework Zone All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: